Thursday 8 July 2010

Lets go exploring!


Given that I've had a few days where I haven't had any work to do, and that i'm now living in an area of cardiff i've only ever driven past i thought I'd do a bit of exploring.

Ever the technophile, I had to do a google maps search first, so that i wouldn't miss anything major. I was mainly looking for a small (or large) park somewhere nearby since i used to visit Roath Park a lot but now live too far away to get there comfortably.

LO AND BEHOLD! I come across Waterloo Gardens, a small green crack in the grey newport road area landscape

The area is dotted with little patches of grass, flowers and trees, with the odd stream running through them. a quite idyllic setting for chilling in and watching the world rotate.

As well as the public garden I also discovered Waterloo Gardens Teashop, which is a medium sized tae shop done up in a modern style akin to an english version of Starbucks. On the wall is a list of teas that they serve and can be bought in sachets over the counter, all loose leaf of course!

They're very much a local shop, supplying locally made cakes, vegan chocolate and exhibiting local artists work, with a commission from any sales of art given to charity.

Waterloo Gardens Tea Shop
Hipo Hyfryd (Chocolatier)

No comments:

Post a Comment